Salvatore “Turi” Scandurra
Download Resume PDF
I am a Multimedia Artist and Digital Designer with a strong background in visual storytelling, and a front-end developer with a Master of Fine Arts degree in animation.
I work for creative agencies in London on both creative development and production for top brands.
My diverse skills and a deep knowledge of the different stages of the development of multimedia products allow me to easily manage complex creative projects.
- Traditional (hand-drawn) Animation
- 3D Animation
- Motion graphics
- Flash Animation
- Complex presentations and animated infographics
- CSS3 Animation
- Storyboarding and pre-visualization
- Illustration of all styles and media
- Children’s books
- Character and mascot design
- Visual development and visual Design for Animation, film, games
- HTML5, Mobile and Flash banner development for advertising
- Storyboarding and pre-visualization
- DoubleClick, FlashTalking, Sizmek/Mediamind
Web and App Development
- UX/UI Design
- Advanced WordPress development
- Templating and prototyping
- Web apps, mobile deployment
- Solid understanding of Web standards, design and usability
- Content translation and localization in Italian
- Game localization Quality Assurance
// COMPUTER SKILLS
- Excellent knowledge of creative software: Adobe Creative Suite (Ps, Il, Fl, Ae, Pr), Apple Final Cut Studio, Blender 3D, Toon Boom Animate, TVPaint, Unity
- Custom UNIX scripts for project management and batch image processing
- I’m very quick to pick up new software skills
// PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
2015 – Freelance Digital Designer at Tag Worldwide, London.
• HTML5/CSS3 and Flash banner production for Nike, Sony, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Argos, Boots, Amazon.
2014 – Freelance Creative Designer at Addictive Pixel/BBH, London.
• Online advertisement digital design for Axe/Lynx, British Airways.
• Illustration and animation for Barclays Code Playground.
• UI/UX design and usability planning of a digital catalog for fashion retailer Boden.2014 – Freelance Animator and Illustrator.
2014 – For Timbuktu Labs (San Francisco) I visually developed “Dooper School”, for which I designed the characters, directed and animated a trailer for a TV series, illustrated four books published in Italy by DeAgostini Kids accompanied by an interactive app. TV series trailer: youtu.be/VBxLy6lxwQo .
2013 – For Machinima.com (Los Angeles) I directed and animated a video with the characters of a popular video game youtu.be/GVxun3xOgEM .
2009 – For Newton Management Innovation / Il Sole 24 Ore I illustrated the cover of “Zzzoot. Fulminati in azienda.” and animated the opening theme for the related webseries.
2008 – Film Editor of movie trailers and teasers, Poker Film, Roma.
2007 – Multimedia Artist for creative agency Massimo Paganini, Bologna.
2007 – Backstage Director for feature film Un amore di Gide.
2007 – Web Designer for retetre.rtsi.ch, Radiotelevisione svizzera di lingua italiana.
2006 – For MTV Italia I directed and animated an ident, a short brand identity clip: vimeo.com/83753 .
2006 – For Findus I directed and animated a video addressed to retail managers, to inform them on the right product placement and about offers to end customers.
2004 ~ 2008 – Freelance Film Editor.
// SELECTED DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
2014 – Naxosphere / Naxosfera – WordPress plugin and web app to allow citizens to report issues to local administrations. Under development.
2013 – Set of extensions for the popular 3D program Blender, written in Python. bit.ly/YUjOIq
2009 – Shoeshop – Custom Point-of-Sale software with CRM capabilities, written from scratch in PHP and MySQL. Sold to client.
2006 – WoStation – Flash game for children. Sold to media agency. bit.ly/1rGQEXz
2004 – Bluecommand – Tool to control a Mac via Bluetooth. Freeware. bit.ly/1rODn0y
2013 – Master of Fine Arts in Traditional Animation (Triennial) – Academy of Art University, School of Animation and Visual Effects, San Francisco, USA
Final project: youtu.be/XMIL_tEAR6A
2008 – Laurea (BA + MA) in DAMS Cinema (Disciplines of Arts, Music and Spectacle) – Università di Bologna
Italian – Native
English – Fluent
Spanish – Proficient